Irish Mommy
March 18, 2008
Dentist Time
We spent the last couple of weeks talking about going to the dentist. Today was the big day and both the boys choked when we finally went into have them sit down in the dentist chair. Mitchell's face turned bright red and he looked at me with total fear as he said, "I have to go poop, mom." He then started to make grunting noises and started to push! We took a little bathroom break and tried Levi in the chair next. It took a LOT of patience, but he finally decided to open his mouth after the hygienst promised him a bouncey ball and new toothbrush.
Mitchell finally got over his fear after he saw the gifts that Levi received. It was our first visit at this office, so It took me forever to fill out the paperwork and the boys basically tore apart the entire waiting room!
The receptionist told me that I was the most patient person she ever met! She said "when I have kids some day, perhaps you can give me some pointers." I immediately laughed out loud thinking, man she has no idea of the thoughts going through my head, as I trying very hard to be polite. She than asked if I EVER lose it... She was so sweet!!!
I told her that after the day I had yesterday, I have to be patient. You see -- Kurt took the day off to watch the kids, so he could send me to lunch and to the spa! Then he had our sitter Nikki come over, we headed to Kinkaids for dinner followed by the Wild game downtown St. Paul. (I could write another post on the culture shock of a Wild night of hockey)... adults screaming, yelling at the refs, swearing and lots of beer drinking!
Happy St. Patrick's day to me! I am so blessed to have a husband who values all the work I do around the house and with the boys. He knew I needed a break and some ME time...
Mitchell finally got over his fear after he saw the gifts that Levi received. It was our first visit at this office, so It took me forever to fill out the paperwork and the boys basically tore apart the entire waiting room!
The receptionist told me that I was the most patient person she ever met! She said "when I have kids some day, perhaps you can give me some pointers." I immediately laughed out loud thinking, man she has no idea of the thoughts going through my head, as I trying very hard to be polite. She than asked if I EVER lose it... She was so sweet!!!
I told her that after the day I had yesterday, I have to be patient. You see -- Kurt took the day off to watch the kids, so he could send me to lunch and to the spa! Then he had our sitter Nikki come over, we headed to Kinkaids for dinner followed by the Wild game downtown St. Paul. (I could write another post on the culture shock of a Wild night of hockey)... adults screaming, yelling at the refs, swearing and lots of beer drinking!
Happy St. Patrick's day to me! I am so blessed to have a husband who values all the work I do around the house and with the boys. He knew I needed a break and some ME time...
posted by IrishMommy at 1:34 PM

4 Comments:
Way to go Kurt! And, congratulations to your two little men on being so brave at the dentist's office. They will continue to have pretty white bright smiles, if they keep that up.
Love,
Auntie Carole
Can you PLEASE have Kurt somehow influence the rest of our husbands? PLEASE!!!!!
Sounds like an adventure at the dentist!
How sweet of Kurt to give you the "day off."
I hope that the snow is not with you on Easter Sunday. I am doing well here in Florida. I will not tell you how great the weather is here as I don't want to 'rub it in'. Hard to believe I only have a week left to my visit. Love ya all.
Poppa
Post a Comment
<< Home