Irish Mommy

January 07, 2009

Too Tired

Okay, I have to be honest about how the transition to three children (four and under)is for me. The first two weeks was like a honeymoon, and after that it seems like everything is a blur. The boys have adjusted well to having a new baby sister around, and Kurt doesn't mind helping with the night feedings, but with Kurt going back to work this week -- well, I'm exhausted. I'm catching myself having the same self-pity thoughts that filled my mind after each baby has arrived. I know it's just a phase and we will get through it, but I'm thinking this cold ugly weather doesn't help either. We are couped up inside and the boys are going stir crazy...
On preschool days, I have so much prep work in the morning that by the time I drop them off, I'm exhausted. On the days they don't have preschool, I'm exhausted just thinking about the day ahead of us.
I'm very hopeful that next year with Mitchell in kindergarten and Levi attending preschool 3 days a week, well perhaps I'll have a little down time!
Ava and her fabulous pouty face. She has it down so well!
She is officially 10 weeks old today and still such a wonderful baby! Thank God for that.

posted by IrishMommy at 8:19 PM

3 Comments:

What a precious little girl!

Love,
Auntie Carole
xxxx

10:35 PM  

My Baby Ava - even her pouts are cute!!!
I feel for ya, mom. I wish we were close by so I could come play with the kids and give you and Kurt some down time!
Love,
Auntie Bev

9:08 PM  

What you are feeling is SOO normal. Having 3 under 4 is very challenging, because they all need so much help. TRUST ME I've been there!!! Let me know what I can do to help...
Still try to sleep when you can, it will probably help.
Teaching the olders ones to be more independent has helped me. Simple things like getting their own shoes on, selfs dressed, etc.
Hang in there...is DOES get easier.
Call me if you want to chat.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home