Irish Mommy
January 05, 2009
Low Expectations
equals a good day! Today was my first official day without Kurt home to help with ALL our kids. I thought that I would be a good wife and do the night feeding for Ava at midnight, which then turned into Levi screaming at the tops of his lungs. He has been having nightmares the past couple of nights, so I just end up in the big bed in Ava's room sleeping the remainder of the night with Levi.
So, with getting up three times last night. Sleeping with my thrasher of a 3 year old, and him waking up at 5:30 because he was thirsty. Let's just say, it's not the ideal way to spend your night.
I woke up and my number one goal of the day was to work-out. So, the kids and I were at the YMCA by 9am for my 9:15 class. I didn't even get called out for a dirty diaper or hungry baby. We made it home by 10:45. Wow, I MADE MY FIRST GOAL BY NOON!!!
Then I took a shower, fed Ava, fed the boys and myself, finished washing there sheets and made the beds and now... mandatory NAP time for everyone!
When you have low expectations for your day... you just may succeed!
So, with getting up three times last night. Sleeping with my thrasher of a 3 year old, and him waking up at 5:30 because he was thirsty. Let's just say, it's not the ideal way to spend your night.
I woke up and my number one goal of the day was to work-out. So, the kids and I were at the YMCA by 9am for my 9:15 class. I didn't even get called out for a dirty diaper or hungry baby. We made it home by 10:45. Wow, I MADE MY FIRST GOAL BY NOON!!!
Then I took a shower, fed Ava, fed the boys and myself, finished washing there sheets and made the beds and now... mandatory NAP time for everyone!
When you have low expectations for your day... you just may succeed!
posted by IrishMommy at 1:00 PM

2 Comments:
I would NOT call those expectations low. Considering the night you had last night, I think they were quite high! Congrats!!!!
Sounds to me as though you accomplished a LOT -- and on minimal sleep as well! Congratulations Super Mom!!
Love,
Auntie Carole
Post a Comment
<< Home