Irish Mommy
October 15, 2007
Bear of a day!
Today would have been the perfect day to just lay in bed... ALL DAY!
The day started out with the whisper of "honey, honey - the car won't start, so I need to take the van to work today." My first thought was, what time is it? My second thought was are you kidding me, I'm going to be stranded at home with the kids all day and won't get to workout for the 3rd week in a row!!!
Once the boys and I got up, it was the usual whining and constant nagging. May I please have some more: juice, milk, water, cantaloupe, Cheerios, carmel rolls, etc... then after two spilled glasses of milk and two cereal bowls dumped on the floor, it's a wonder that any parent makes it to see their kids graduate from high school. Don't some parents die from exhaustion?
The remainder of the morning consisted of my typical motherly chatter: Don't hit your brother, stop it, NO, don't jump on the couch, get off that chair, get out from behind their, don't you dare touch that lamp again, I said, "DON'T hit your brother", pick that up, say your sorry, go sit on the steps, do you want another time out, I told you not to do that, did you hit your brother again?
It only get worse when Mitchell poops in his underwear while laying in my bed during nap time. rule of thumb: underwear goes directly in the trash when shart happens! (shit/fart combo).
...and just when I think that this nightmare of a day is almost over - the MELTDOWN starts. Mitchell was in rare form this afternoon, this whining about going potty, but doesn't want to go sit on the potty thing is going to put me over the edge. The tantrum turns into a raging fit about not wanting to put his underpants back on. I just can't seem to catch a break!
My friend Paula and I were going to hang out tonight, but who wants to hang out with Debbie Downer (wah...waah). So, I ordered pizza and while Kurt is upstairs reading to the boys right now - I can only sit her and stare into space. MY BRAIN is MUSH and I have to gain the courage to be more positive tomorrow.
I would chalk this one up as a bad Monday, but a BEAR of a day would be a much more fitting description. I feel like a big old grizzly ready for hibernation...
The day started out with the whisper of "honey, honey - the car won't start, so I need to take the van to work today." My first thought was, what time is it? My second thought was are you kidding me, I'm going to be stranded at home with the kids all day and won't get to workout for the 3rd week in a row!!!
Once the boys and I got up, it was the usual whining and constant nagging. May I please have some more: juice, milk, water, cantaloupe, Cheerios, carmel rolls, etc... then after two spilled glasses of milk and two cereal bowls dumped on the floor, it's a wonder that any parent makes it to see their kids graduate from high school. Don't some parents die from exhaustion?
It only get worse when Mitchell poops in his underwear while laying in my bed during nap time. rule of thumb: underwear goes directly in the trash when shart happens! (shit/fart combo).
...and just when I think that this nightmare of a day is almost over - the MELTDOWN starts. Mitchell was in rare form this afternoon, this whining about going potty, but doesn't want to go sit on the potty thing is going to put me over the edge. The tantrum turns into a raging fit about not wanting to put his underpants back on. I just can't seem to catch a break!
My friend Paula and I were going to hang out tonight, but who wants to hang out with Debbie Downer (wah...waah). So, I ordered pizza and while Kurt is upstairs reading to the boys right now - I can only sit her and stare into space. MY BRAIN is MUSH and I have to gain the courage to be more positive tomorrow.
I would chalk this one up as a bad Monday, but a BEAR of a day would be a much more fitting description. I feel like a big old grizzly ready for hibernation...
posted by IrishMommy at 6:47 PM

3 Comments:
But express it with such humor! Well, at least I laughed...and felt so bad for you! Now why didn't you call me. At least I could have brought some more monkeys over to be somewhat of a distraction!
Here's to a better day tomorrow...(wine glass cling now).
Honey, that picture is CLASSIC! I am hoping today is a better day.
Love you!
You are definitely NOT a bad mom, so get over that one now! Boys are boys...and then you add age 2 and age 3 on top of that ... and you have a recipe for insanity :-)
Hang in there girl friend. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Post a Comment
<< Home