Irish Mommy

November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving






This Thanksgiving our family traveled to Wisconsin to spend time with the Sullivan's. We arrived before noon and ate a fabulous feast at the cabin. The ping-pong tournament was so much fun and Uncle Joe was the 2006 Thanksgiving Champion. Mitchell and Levi spent some quality time with cousins Brendan and Devyn, while some played a few card games. Spending the night is always a challenge with two little ones, but we managed to have a great time. Now that we are back home - early to bed!

Bapa wrote a wonderful poem for Levi when we first brought him home. He finally got a chance to write it down for me to share. Keep in mind, Bapa is very IRISH...

My name is Levi Johnson
and I'm going to Wisconsin.

How happy am I to see my Bapa & Pama

I'll swim in the lake
and eat lots of cake,
when it's time for bed
I'll sleep in the shed.

When the day is all done
and I've had too much sun,
I'll hop in our car
and drive away too far.

I'll fall asleep in my seat,
cause I've had too much to eat.

Back home in my bed to Mom & Dad I said,

"when can this Johnson go back to Wisconsin?"

Now Bapa needs to work on one for Mitchell... I bet that his poem would include the word "CANDY." Am I right Bapa?



posted by IrishMommy at 4:06 PM

3 Comments:

Wonderful pics! Looks like a beautiful place!

6:02 PM  

Your family is sooo sweet! How cute are they?

6:17 AM  

Thanksgiving was a blast (even though you beat me at ping pong but I'm so practicing up my skills for the re-match)- and so glad you published Bapa's poem...I'm sure it is the first of many more poems to come!!!!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home