Irish Mommy
November 04, 2006
Belle of the Ball
He did it again! My Prince Charming sent me off on a shopping spree with my sister on Thursday to buy some new "nice" clothes to wear. He did have his demands:
1. You must buy one outfit to wear out to dinner at Oceanaire. (very swank seafood restaurant downtown Minneapolis)
2. You may not come home until you have that one outfit.
3. No coming home with kakis, sweatshirts or jeans.
4. Buy a couple more nice outfits to have in your closet for any future dinners or Christmas parties.
5. You have no curfew time, but it would be nice if you were home by 10p.m. or I might worry about you.
He took 1/2 day of vacation so I could have lunch with my sister and SHOP...
AND SO WE DID... My sister agreed with me that I looked like Paris Hilton at the end of the night, minus the big sun glasses and small dog in the purse. I arrived home with two pairs of pants, four new "nice" shirts, the jacket shown in the picture, a pair of boots, underwear, bra, necklace and of course some earings. I was exhausted, but thrilled to have such a caring husband to understand that I feel guilty buying nice clothes when I stay home all day chasing two little messy boys. Sweats and a T-shirt suit the bill just fine at home. But when it's time to go out - I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR and this causes a lot of anxiety on my part.
We had a great time at dinner, walked around Nicollet Avenue and Block E for awhile and then headed home. Our new babysitter Niki did a great job. She said the boys had fun playing and reading books and went to bed without a hitch. Is this how the Belle of the ball felt?

1. You must buy one outfit to wear out to dinner at Oceanaire. (very swank seafood restaurant downtown Minneapolis)
2. You may not come home until you have that one outfit.
3. No coming home with kakis, sweatshirts or jeans.
4. Buy a couple more nice outfits to have in your closet for any future dinners or Christmas parties.
5. You have no curfew time, but it would be nice if you were home by 10p.m. or I might worry about you.
He took 1/2 day of vacation so I could have lunch with my sister and SHOP...
AND SO WE DID... My sister agreed with me that I looked like Paris Hilton at the end of the night, minus the big sun glasses and small dog in the purse. I arrived home with two pairs of pants, four new "nice" shirts, the jacket shown in the picture, a pair of boots, underwear, bra, necklace and of course some earings. I was exhausted, but thrilled to have such a caring husband to understand that I feel guilty buying nice clothes when I stay home all day chasing two little messy boys. Sweats and a T-shirt suit the bill just fine at home. But when it's time to go out - I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR and this causes a lot of anxiety on my part.
We had a great time at dinner, walked around Nicollet Avenue and Block E for awhile and then headed home. Our new babysitter Niki did a great job. She said the boys had fun playing and reading books and went to bed without a hitch. Is this how the Belle of the ball felt?

posted by IrishMommy at 12:24 PM

4 Comments:
So Cool!! I love your outfit!! Sounds like you guys had fun, you can tell me more at our next play date.
Tracie
Oh, yay! Yay! Yay! Sounds like a fabulous time. :) And you sure looked the part!
Kimberly
Ahhhh, this the season to use Visa! :)
You deserve the special shopping spree (which you never do so try not to feel guilty). Kurt wanted you to have some special outfits to ease your anxiety for future outings... and I was soooo glad to help! You looked beautiful in your new duds- sounds like you guys had a nice time...good to hear!!!!!
You look fabulous!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home