Irish Mommy
November 01, 2006
4:57 a.m.


Who started this day light savings thing? Obviously who ever it is did not have children. Before this past Sunday the boys were sleeping until 7 a.m. and that is the perfect routine if you ask me. This morning Levi woke up screaming at 4:57 a.m. and I raced to check on him so he wouldn't wake up Mitchell. Yah, his diaper weighed about 10 pounds and it soaked through to his pj's. I changed him in the dark as fast as possible and put him back down in the pack-n-play in the office on the lower level. Then Mitchell started his whining thing that he does, which I ignored. He fell back to sleep. In and out of sleep I heard Levi, then Mitchell, Levi again, Mitchell again -- still ignoring it all, then back to sleep I went. Finally at 6:30 a.m. Mitchell got up turn on his light, cd player and then ran into our room to wake me up.
Then I have to deal with the early wake-up wrath the rest of the day. We headed out the door to hit the YMCA for the BodyPump class. Levi screamed pretty much the entire 10 minute drive there. Man, I thought to myself -- is this worth it? Well he made it in the child care for 50 minutes, which was way longer than I expected since it was only his second time. So early lunch and early nap where on the schedule next. How can such adorable kids make me sooooo tired? Well, I think by reading about our morning you may understand! Next time you see a mother with young children clinging to her, please smile at her and say hello. Sometimes that just makes my day.
posted by IrishMommy at 11:59 AM

6 Comments:
I'm curious why at least two of you were awake so early in the morning.....too much Halloween candy?!?
i agree with you 100%---Sometimes a hello is all we need to hear to make our day
OY! What where those boys thinking?? It's partly irritating, party funny to me because I know our kids don't sit there contemplating ways of robbing mommy of precious sleep, but GOODNESS! Does it ever get old after a while, eh? *lol*
You've been made with everything you need to get thru these challenging years, my dear...including friends who'll gladly bring ya a cup of steaming Caribou (or a cold one of the adult-type...whatever!) when you need it. Just holler and I'm there babe!!
Well...now...I *should* qualify that last part by saying, I'll be there, unless by some odd coincidence, my kids are giving me the same kinda day yours gave you today. *lol* :)
We do our best and that's all that can be asked of us, right? :)
So how was BodyFlow???
Those little buggers...I hope they get adjusted soon so you can get back to your routine of some sleep!!!!! Makes for a very long day for you, even longer than it already is of course!!!!
How is the Y going??? Maybe you can come down to my class someday! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home