Irish Mommy

October 26, 2006

Joys of Motherhood

As I write my blog today, Mitchell is reading his does cheese grow on trees book and Levi is talking to himself in his crib. Let me clarify that is officially one hour and twenty-five minutes passed nap time! Is it a full moon out again or is it that we haven't hit day light savings time yet? I thought schedules got more messed up after day light savings hits! Anyway -- today has been a trying day.

1) Mitchell woke up at 5:30am

2) Levi woke up at 6am

3) During my Bible study today, the child care teacher knocked on the door holding onto Levi...

4) five minutes later, she appeared again -- this time with Mitchell. (very full stinky diaper)

5) Levi screamed at the top of his lungs more than half the ride home before falling asleep.


6) Both boys were crabby when we sat down to eat lunch.

7) Neither of them will nap...

8) My wonderful husband discovered the well hidden bag of halloween candy and helped himself to it.

9) when I called him at work about the scandal, he said "come on, you just have to laugh".

10) He had to remind me not to leave my Target receipt laying out where he can see that I bought the mother load of candy. - thus, prompting the candy hunt. Ok, now I have three toddlers...

11) I'm not laughing...

All this made me think of the saying "The joys of Motherhood". How can I focus on the positive side of motherhood? Well, it didn't take much time to discover and put things back in perspective for me.

Here is what I need to focus on right now!

Consider the joys and rewards of the job. Psalms 127:3 says: “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” What other job produces a final product to compare to that of motherhood: loving children who will someday mature to productive, God-fearing men and women? If women will not sacrifice in their younger years to raise children, they will not have those children and grandchildren to hug their necks, love them, and care for them in their older years.
posted by IrishMommy at 1:26 PM

4 Comments:

Oh Shawn, I so feel for you! I'm trying to take time out to just TRY to have fun with the kids...even if that means playing with Ella instead of listening at Spa!!!! It's so hard to see the good when you're tired and the kids are crabby! Prayers for you tonight for a better day tomorrow! And prayers for a calmer spirit with Levi!!!! He is so cute, though!

11:46 PM  

I understand where you are at with the kiddies!! Check out my day at my blog!! A Morning at the Bromenschenkel House!!! Today has been a trip!! BUT they are taking there peaceful nap!!!! But the question is....for how long!!!

1:34 PM  

I forgot to add my site!!!

1:35 PM  

Great perspective you have sis-o!!! And yes, you do have 3 kids on your hands..I am thinking no matter how hard you try to hide the halloween candy each year, your hubby with the Toucan Sam nose will always find where it's hidden!!!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home