Irish Mommy

September 13, 2008

Louisville, KY

We're Home!!! 700 miles there and 700 miles back, all in 53 hours. We had a very productive and educational truck to leweyville, luhville, louisville, anyway you get the message. Kurt and I dropped off the kids at my brothers house and hit the road by 4pm on Thursday night. We were eating breakfast with our future daughter's birthparents by 10am on Friday. The visit was good and gave me some peace of mind to be able to give them a chance to ask us questions and for me to learn more about them.

After breakfast, Kurt and I checked into our hotel and had several meetings at the adoption agency. We then headed over to the bonding/foster home to meet our foster mom and her two boys. After a very long day we managed to hit fourth street live in downtown for happy hour and some bowling.

Kurt and I at the Lucky Strike, bowling..
I couldn't help myself. Once a Sully, always a Sully!

Kurt, not super pumped about me taking this picture! Levi loves horses, so I had to get a picture for him.

Next on the agenda: birthmom is due 9/24 and I need to be ready for the phone call that she is in labor, then it's time to jump back in the car and drive, baby drive. We are working out some of the details about the trip, but I may be down in Louisville anywhere between 1-6 weeks. I'm currently accepting applications for anyone interested in hitching a ride with me and hanging out with baby Ava and I until we get the all clear to come back to Minnesota.
posted by IrishMommy at 9:07 PM

4 Comments:

Congratulations!!!! We are very happy for you all! How exciting!

9:56 PM  

Congratulations, Kurt and Shawn!!! Can't wait to meet little Ava!! The Nelsons send their love as you wait, wait, wait! :)

9:42 AM  

Your sister wishes she could take a leave of absence to come with you!!! Ugggg. I work in the wrong department now! So excited for you guys!!!

12:29 PM  

How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more :)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home