Irish Mommy
December 04, 2007
Enjoy the "NOW"
My recent struggle has been to really work on enjoying the "Now" with the boys. My thoughts are constantly about what needs to get done next around the house. The mental list is always growing...
This all started a few weeks ago when I read a chapter in the study we are doing with my moms' group. To sum it up very simply, God has a plan or purpose for us everyday and it's up to us to search out and listen to what that may be each day. I personally have always thought that God has something big picture in my life as my purpose here on earth, and it may take me my entire life to figure out what it is. This book has changed my perspective about God's purpose for me and my family. We are trying to enjoy the little things like singing, dancing and even making forts in the hallway. To be honest, it's hard and I struggle to put aside the chores and lists and get beyond the whining and fighting.
God gave me the gift to be able to stay home with my precious boys, so in return I need to work hard on teaching them respect, honesty and about Gods' love for us.
This all started a few weeks ago when I read a chapter in the study we are doing with my moms' group. To sum it up very simply, God has a plan or purpose for us everyday and it's up to us to search out and listen to what that may be each day. I personally have always thought that God has something big picture in my life as my purpose here on earth, and it may take me my entire life to figure out what it is. This book has changed my perspective about God's purpose for me and my family. We are trying to enjoy the little things like singing, dancing and even making forts in the hallway. To be honest, it's hard and I struggle to put aside the chores and lists and get beyond the whining and fighting.
God gave me the gift to be able to stay home with my precious boys, so in return I need to work hard on teaching them respect, honesty and about Gods' love for us.
posted by IrishMommy at 2:15 PM

2 Comments:
Beautiful.
Keep in the now - that's why it's called the "present".
Bev
We're heading to the WBL Y tomorrow morning if you want to join us. I find it to be easier to enjoy the now when I'm OUT of the house...crazy huh!
Post a Comment
<< Home