Irish Mommy
June 12, 2010
Beads
My neighbor Ochi is from Nigeria and has three boys. She has been monitoring Ava's hair length since last year, and I finally got the go ahead to get my 1st lesson in hair beading 101. This was a few months ago and our camera somehow broke (boys!), but this is my second time solo beading her hair and it only took two hours. I'm getting better and I really think it helped that Kurt and the boys are out of town. My first two attempts took about two days to finish the full head.
Ava is learning to be so patient while she sits in her high chair while she plays and eats. She had a couple of breaks to get up and run around, but this time she was so good and shook her cute little head after the first couple were in and said "beads". I guess she likes them as much and we do!
posted by IrishMommy at 1:06 PM

4 Comments:
Love the beads! How adorable...Shawn she is just precious!And I am TOTALLY impressed with your beading skills!!! When I was pregnant with Deven my mom was going to by books at Hastings to teach us to bead & braid...That made me laugh!
Love,
Yall's Texas Family
XOXOXO
Wow! Good job! I'm surprised she'll sit still for you to do it.
It was great talking with you the other day.
I think you are doing a wonderful job with "beading". She looks so cute!
Leslie Bartlett
Helena, AL
Love the new pictures. Ava is so precious and she sure does look like she loves those beads. Very cute. You have become quite accomplished at braiding Shawn. Hannah had such a good time with you guys. Thanks so much for having her stay with you. She sure loves those little ones! I'm hoping to see them too one of these days :-)
Auntie Carole
xxxxx
Post a Comment
<< Home