Irish Mommy

April 15, 2010

Challenging Times

As most of you know it been a difficult year and every day seems to have some kind of struggle. Mitchell was officially diagnosed with ASD (Austism Spectrum Disorder) and it's been an extremely hard thing to swallow. His school has been amazing and he is getting so much help, but it seems like I have so much to learn and figure out on how to deal with some of the meltdowns, anxiety and unusual behavioral issues. My biggest struggle is not having the time to do research or connect with others to get support. Having three kids, ages 5 and under is EXTREMELY trying on me and to add to the mess, Kurt has been so busy with work that I'm just worn down.

I continue to be so thankful that the layoffs at Kurt's work didn't affect his position. It also means that I have to suck it up and take on more at home!

Levi has been challenging as ever as he continues to broaden his ever growing independence skills and deal with his constant hunger pains. He is finally working very hard at not wetting the bed at night, but has been having more accidents during the day -- go figure!

Ava is also going through a huge growth spurt and loves pounding on the pantry doors while yelling coo-coos, for more cookies. She is growing three teeth at one time and spends a lot of time screaming her head off. Terrible twos -- here we are early!

I keep telling myself it's just a season and just get through one day at a time, but I can personally say -- I've never been so exhausted and with the camera being broke and my computer on the fritz, well it's really hard to update my blog now-a-days!






posted by IrishMommy at 9:15 PM

5 Comments:

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, it is always hard. Even when we have things to be thankful, it still hard to deal with others. Hang in there....hugs...

8:29 AM  

Oh Shawn..... sending love and hugs your way. Is there anything you need? Anything we can do? Just say the word! Love and hugs to you all!!

5:09 PM  

Take one day at a time. Let the things go that you can- like a clean house or blogging if you must :)
You're a great Mommy!

Need a weekend getaway in Georgia???

6:59 AM  

You are a great mommy! Seriously! Try to enjoy each day, and do less. Lets meet an evening this week, how about Thursday night for a bit after I'm done with work.

8:18 PM  

I've not been on your blog for quite some time. The good news is doctors are able to dx these problems much earlier than in the past. That means treatment can begin earlier, which means the chances are good that Mitchell will be able to do quite well. You need to take care of yourself too Shawn. You have 3 little ones who can drain every ounce of energy. Kids are like that so as your friends have said, stop trying to do everything...pace yourself, and take it one day at a time. You are in my prayers and please give those beautiful babies big hugs and kisses from their Auntie Carole.

xxxxx

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home