Irish Mommy

December 06, 2009

Silly Goose

The other morning as I was making breakfast for the kids Mitchell said, "Mom, why are all the geese flying and where are they going." I told Mitchell that it's too cold here in Minnesota for the geese to survive, so they fly south where it is warm and can find food to eat and water to drink and swim in. Then in my silly voice I said, "I wish that mommy could fly south just like the geese, so I could be somewhere warm all winter too." Levi laughed out loud and and replied, "Mom, you can't do that - no way."

Of course in my desperate moment to continue with the silly conversation, I said "why not?" Levi responded in a very matter of fact way, "you don't have wings to fly and who would take care of us, feed us breakfast, lunch and dinner you silly goose?"

I'm just so proud that he finally expressed that I'M NEEDED around here!
Now I just need to grow some wings!
posted by IrishMommy at 2:08 PM

2 Comments:

Too cute- he is the silly goose!

3:55 PM  

So sweet! So glad you felt needed - that feels nice! Happy holidays to you all!!!

Love,
Michelle, Jon, and Lauren

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home