Irish Mommy
April 13, 2009
Happy Easter
Happy Easter! We had a very eventful weekend with having our family over for an egg hunt and brunch. I think everyone had a wonderful time and the weather was nice, for Minnesota.
Mitchell and Levi dipping their eggs
Mitchell is very much into his yellow egg.
Prayer request: I'm feeling anxiety about a lot of things. Three little ones has been exhausting and I'm trying to stay on top of everything, but feel like a failure at most everything. It's been hard to keep up with staying in touch with friends, laundry, changing diapers, keeping the boys busy and me energized. I know it's just a "season," but how do you stay sane when you have so much responsibility?
posted by IrishMommy at 11:25 AM

3 Comments:
I know how you feel about feeling like a failure...sometimes I'm so tired, I feel like my REAL self is gone forever. I'm not the Energizer Bunny like some, and sometimes that makes me feel stupid, especially since Andrew apparently IS the Energizer Bunny and can't understand why I can't just be more excited about life... ;(
But, I think sometimes we have to give ourselves permission to re-invent ourselves with new expectations. We can't carry around out-dated expectations when the present moment requires that we re-define what works best for us. Your children need safety, food, shelter, and love. I have a feeling you're providing all of those things... :)
Chin up, sister! Take it one day at a time. You're in my prayers...and I would covet yours! :)
Peace,
Elizabeth
Lizzie says it all! Sometimes you just have to realize you can't do it all -- no one expects you to -- and so what if you can't! Do try to find some quiet time every day for yourself though .. even if it is only 10 minutes. You need to have down time too because you are worth taking care of. Hannah is hoping to be able to come out to help you this summer!
Love,
Auntie Carole
xxxxx
Shawn you are an amazing mom! Remember Mary and Martha!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home