Irish Mommy
March 17, 2009
Me Lil' Leprechauns
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Okay, I have to admit that my blog entries have been sparse as of late. The baby adjustment has hit us this month. Mitchell and Levi are craving more and more attention from me, and poor little Ava needs my attention. It's very hard juggling the three little ones when they all need help with just about EVERYTHING... shoes, zippers, snaps, etc.
Although times are challenging, some big peaks of sunshine just sneak into my day.
Scene:
Levi sitting on the toilet at McDonalds with the door locked and Ava and I waiting by the sink.
Dialogue:
Mom: "Levi, are you almost done yet?"
Levi: "No, Mom."
minutes pass
Mom: "Levi, can you please hurry up, we need to go pick up your brother."
Levi: "Mom, I'm doing the best job I can and you just need to be patient with me."
Emotion:
Mom is amazed he has been listening ALL this time. Why is it so funny when they say it back to you in the right context?
... more stories to come! Ava's crying for me...
Although times are challenging, some big peaks of sunshine just sneak into my day.
Scene:
Levi sitting on the toilet at McDonalds with the door locked and Ava and I waiting by the sink.
Dialogue:
Mom: "Levi, are you almost done yet?"
Levi: "No, Mom."
minutes pass
Mom: "Levi, can you please hurry up, we need to go pick up your brother."
Levi: "Mom, I'm doing the best job I can and you just need to be patient with me."
Emotion:
Mom is amazed he has been listening ALL this time. Why is it so funny when they say it back to you in the right context?
... more stories to come! Ava's crying for me...
posted by IrishMommy at 12:59 PM

3 Comments:
Yep, it is fun to watch/listen to them growing up. It is especially funny when what they say to you, sounds just like you when you are talking to them! :-)
Love,
Auntie Carole
I agree. So cute. I just grin when I hear Olivia talking to Nate in the same tone and using the same words that I say to her. Today it was, "Nate don't be upset. It will stop raining soon and then we can go back outside. Okay sweetie?" Kids are the best!
Wow, Mr. Levi "smarty pants" never ceases to amaze me. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home