Irish Mommy

August 19, 2008

Melancholia

The month of August has been kinda crazy with all the traveling and now that we are finally back home, well I just feel melancholia. I can't quite pin point what it is, but I'm guessing it's a combination of emotions going through my noggin.

My friend Andrea lost her baby recently, my friend Cari was given the all clear on her breast cancer and has now found a tumor in her brain, it's been twelve years since my mom passed away and the kids are driving me crazy by trying to push all my buttons!

I'm so thankful for my health, family and awesome friends, but is it okay just to be a little angry about how life can be so difficult and throw you emotionally?

Here are some photos of my cousins wedding this past weekend in Walker, MN. It was great to see my mom's side of the family - I wish she was here to celebrate with us!

Please pray for my friends Cari and Andrea. Cari has brain surgery on Friday to remove the tumor and Andrea is healing from the loss of her baby Nathaniel.





posted by IrishMommy at 8:47 AM

2 Comments:

Sending lots of prayers to your friends in need! Sorry to hear the updates. I too was thinking about Mom a lot on the way home from the wedding and just thinking how unfair it is that we've had so many years without her and go to all of these events that she so would love to be at!!!! I miss her too!! 12 years and it still stings!

9:28 AM  

Sending prayers your way--and to your friends... You are loved here in MD!

The Nelsons

ps. I think we all deserve permission to reflect and be honest in our emotions...no matter what we've been blessed with. I know I need that...

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home