Irish Mommy
January 20, 2008
Howdy Yall
The Johnson family survived the trip to Texas and back to Minne-so-colda! There are so many highlights and lowlights from the trip to tell yall about.
Our hotel http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/ was absolutely wonderful . When we first arrived in Texas and the taxi pulled onto the hotel property, Levi yelled "wow, it's a castle." I have to admit, that it was. The view from our 9th floor room at night of the over four acres of indoor gardens, waterfalls, ponds, river walk ways and star light atrium was amazing. During our trip we take a tour bus to Billy Bobs place of Honky Tonk, which really gets you into the true Texas culture. Between the country band playing, the cowboys competing in bullriding and all the big hats, flannel shirts, big buckles and boots - well, need I say more?
The highlight of the trip was when Jen, Christian, Deven and MeeMaw stopped over at the hotel to hang out with us on Saturday. Levi and Mitchell are too young to understand, but soon enough they will know how amazing our Texas family is. I'm so thankful that God brought us together and even more grateful that we stay in touch!
Mitchell and Levi were warming up to the flight at MSP airport in the kiddie park.
Our hotel even had a train running through it.
Mitchell and Levi are rocking on their cowboy chairs. Yee Haw!
It's not a vacation until you can just relax poolside in your Elmo suit and just scratch your belly!
Mitchell, Levi and Deven (their Texas brother) just goofing off in the hotel lobby.
Our hotel http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/ was absolutely wonderful . When we first arrived in Texas and the taxi pulled onto the hotel property, Levi yelled "wow, it's a castle." I have to admit, that it was. The view from our 9th floor room at night of the over four acres of indoor gardens, waterfalls, ponds, river walk ways and star light atrium was amazing. During our trip we take a tour bus to Billy Bobs place of Honky Tonk, which really gets you into the true Texas culture. Between the country band playing, the cowboys competing in bullriding and all the big hats, flannel shirts, big buckles and boots - well, need I say more?
The highlight of the trip was when Jen, Christian, Deven and MeeMaw stopped over at the hotel to hang out with us on Saturday. Levi and Mitchell are too young to understand, but soon enough they will know how amazing our Texas family is. I'm so thankful that God brought us together and even more grateful that we stay in touch!
The lowlights of the trip would be all the time we spent in bathrooms! I had to really dig deep within to find the EXTRA patience to deal with Mitchell's anxiety or obsession with sitting on the potty, and producing - NOTHING...
posted by IrishMommy at 6:12 PM

5 Comments:
Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Did you have one of those "Why do I live in Minnesota" moments when you got off the plane to the freezing temperatures?
I agree with Andrea and would love to hear more about your trip....until then, stay WARM!!!
Welcome back to the frigid tundra.
Why do we live here again??!?!?
Looks like the trip was great- glad to hear! Can't wait to hear more.
You guys look like you had so much fun. I love the pic of Mitch and Levi with Deven. They look so happy! Kind of like three mischevious brothers. I love it. I hope Levi isn't taking his favorite QB's loss too hard. Looking forward to babysitting soon!!! This time we'll have to shift gears to baseball and the Brewers.
Looks like you had a great time! It will be fun to hear more about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home