Irish Mommy

July 01, 2007

Class of '87


For those of you that don't know my age, well this will officially break my cover. This was my BIG 20th high school reunion weekend from the class of 1987 at Stillwater High School.
Go Ponies!

The celebration started Friday night with a casual happy hour at http://www.woodysbargrill.com/ in beautiful downtown Bayport, MN. It was such a great time and so much fun to catch up with many of my long lost classmates. I was overwhelmed by the number of people that actually came and shocked by how many people look so much like they did back 20 years ago. Like time had never past and we were still slumming in the hallways of SHS. On the other hand, some people looked NOTHING like they did back then.

Mitchell, Levi and Momma pre-reunion photo...
Nawhs, Namy, Mel and Paula Waula waiting patiently for our dinner.

What's up with the dessert tray?
Can I go anywhere with these ladies and not have someone stir up trouble?


Saturday night was the social hour, dinner and dancing at the Historic http://www.waterstreetinn.us/. The GTG (good time girls), minus Teri met at Amy's house for a little pre-party! For our 10th reunion the pre-party was quite long and the remainder of the night was fuzzy, and this time around -- well, I had a beer and the rest of the gals had a tiny glass of wine or two. This time around I can proudly say, "I remember everything that happened and didn't say or do anything stupid." That is in my opinion though. It was a well planned event and I ended up winning a door prize of a dozen long stem, red roses. How fun is that? Fun until you have to carry the ackward thing all the way through the banquet center past midnight with everyone giving you their congratulations and feeling like a dork.

After a scrumptious dinner and group photo, it was time to hit the dance floor. We laughed so hard all night and I can't even count how many people I chatted with during the evening. The event planners told me 350+ people showed up for the reunuion. (that includes spouses).

I'm sure my husband knew I had a great time (He stayed home and watched the boys), by the time I arrived back home safely at 3 a.m. Wow, I can still party! I only had two beers, but that didn't stop me from having a fabulous time.

So for those of you thinking you will never attend your reunions, you will miss out on so much fun! Make the best of it and GO PONIES...
posted by IrishMommy at 3:45 PM

2 Comments:

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

That picture of you and the boys needs to be in a frame!

6:14 PM  

Go GTG! SO fun, glad you enjoyed and that you are still wild and crazy.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home