Irish Mommy

August 01, 2006

P.O.

Does P.O. stand for Post Office or Piss'd off? I finally broke down and made a trip to the much dreaded post office with my 2 year old and 10 month old boys. The lines are always so long, they always only have half of the cash registers going to help customers and the service lacks any personality whatsoever. After waiting in line with a screaming child for 15 minutes, it was finally our turn. I pulled out my debit card to pay for my < $10 purchase and because my card said "see i.d." on the back the postal employee said that I needed to sign the card for it to be valid. Well, for security reasons I refuse to sign it! I've had this particular card for over a year and have never been refused by any store, gas pump service or ATM machine. I'm always impressed when I get asked to show my I.D. and I happily supply my driver's license, which has my signature along with my photo. The Mom in me smiled politely as the postal employee said; "It's not my personal rule, but the postal service requires a signature, do you have a check book or cash with you?" Of course I do! The irish blood in me was coming to a boiling point as my son was now screaming at the top of his lungs while ten million people in line were giving us THE DISAPPROVING LOOK. I pulled out a $10 bill and was out the door. We pulled out of the parking lot and I had to laugh out loud. Going Postal is such a great slang term!
posted by IrishMommy at 12:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home