Irish Mommy

September 10, 2009

Mitchell's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Mitchell had a great morning! We arrived at the bus stop early to take some pictures and to chat with the neighbors. Good thing because the bus was a little early today. Mitchell was guided on the bus by Lauren and Anna without a problem. He was so excited to get on the big bus and sit by the girls. His school has a program with the parents on the 1st day, so once I got him off on the bus I drove up to school to meet him in his classroom. What a big boy - he was the 1st one to make it all by himself. I found him talking with his teacher, very proudly.

1st day of kindergarten!
The neighbor kids waiting for the bus! Morgan was camera shy...


Mitchell and Mrs. McDermott

Waiting patiently to read a book with Mrs. McDermott.
Align Left
P.S. I didn't cry... He was just so proud to finally be in school and so was his momma!

posted by IrishMommy at 11:31 AM

4 Comments:

Congrats Mitchell! Hope you had a great first day of kindergarten. I still remember all of the fun I had, and everything I learned in my kindergarten days! Shawn, I'm glad everything went well and that you were able to proudly see Mitchy to his first official day of school! Way to go!!!

- Joe

1:25 PM  

How fun- Mitchell is finally a big school boy. I am sure he is such a good student. You have so much to be proud of!!!! Congrats!

10:14 PM  

So precious. Don't they fly out of the nest quickly!? I know he is going to have a wonderful experience in kindergarten. I still remember my teachers -- Mrs. Haik and Mrs. Greenmoore... and that was quite a few years ago!!!

Auntie Carole

5:26 PM  

Woohoo for Mitchell! Way to go buddy - looks like you like school! Yay!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home