Irish Mommy

September 08, 2006

WHAT A DAY

My favorite book growing up was Where the Sidewalk ends by Shel Silverstein, which just has really silly poems and drawings. I can't get this one out of my head today because it just feels like "What a day"

What A Day
What a day,
Oh what a day.
My baby brother ran away,
And now my tuba will not play.
I'm eight years old
And turning grey,
Oh what a day,
Oh what a day.
-Shel Silverstein

Here is the link to the actually page of the book:

http://www.qu-i-x.com/aday.html

Better yet, my version goes more like this:

What have I done,
Oh what have I done.
My baby boy has a fever just over 101
And I am feeling under the weather, wow that's no fun.
We all got up before the sun,
I'm too old for all this,
Now where is that darn gun?
What have I done,
What have I done.

-Shawn Johnson

...to deserve this kind of a day? I know this seems kinda violent, but gun was the only word that really worked into my poem.
Another deep, dark thought by Shawn! (aka: Debbie Downer)
posted by IrishMommy at 1:28 PM

1 Comments:

When you're done with the gun...can I come by and get it? Love the poem!!!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home