Irish Mommy
May 04, 2008
Bridget & Joe's Wedding
My baby sister got hitched yesterday! She was a stunning bride, Joe a charming prince of a groom. The wedding was emotional, fun and wonderful all at the same time! The trolley ride with the wedding party was a blast, riding thru the streets of Stillwater. The reception was packed with family, friends, great food and LOTS of dancing.
It was a day to remember...




Here is the speech & toast I made at the reception...
Bridget & Joe – I’m so honored to be standing here tonight to help you celebrate your nuptials. I promise to make this short & sweet, so we can PARTY…
Bridget-
You are not only my little baby sister, but my best friend. I can honestly say that you are the sunshine in my life and make each day brighter. I’m so proud of the person you have become & admire your zest for life, passion for people and can-do attitude. You have the gift to make people laugh with your crazy worm dance and my husband and two little monkey’s adore you! What more could a sister ask for…
The memories we have together are priceless. We spent our Sunday’s as fun-days, waking up to Captain Breakfast, teasing mom about her jubaz, Daddy getting sick on body wars, catching fire flies, being roomies after college, becoming Demi & Fraiser, many conversations about your first home search --- and of course, I’ll never forget “THE CALL.”
You See – Bridget called me after her first date with Joe, she said when he came to pick her up, he brought her a bouquet of flowers. Her voice was nervous and excited all at the same time, she said to me “who even does that anymore,” I could only giggle to myself because my thought was, the type of man you marry some day. BUT my job as the older and well… wiser sister was to remain calm, but on the inside – I had a really good feeling about this guy, named Joe.
What’s not to love about him? He is a sensitive, honest, charming, a family man who loves hot dogs, leinenkugels & LOTS of sports… Many of you that know him… Know he is a SPORTS NUT. The thing that sticks out the most to this mother of two- is his gift with children. Not only does he spend his free time coaching kids, but has an amazing influence on them…
Here are some great examples: After spending just a couple of days with our boys at Christmas time, he had taught them how to give nuggies – and now every time they see Joe, it’s nuggie time. He had also brain washed my little Levi to think like a true Wisconsinite… There’s nothing better than being in public with a 2 year old when he see’s someone in a yellow & green jersey – Mom, it’s the Packers. Oh, it’s even better when he see’s the #4 – Mom, It’s Bret Favre…
In all seriousness, I’m thrilled that my sons have such a fun & crazy auntie & uncle to hang out with… and Joe -- I’m proud to call you my brother in-law.
Please raise your glasses for a toast to the Bride and groom!
May you have love that never ends, wealth and lots of friends. Health be yours, in whatever you do and may God send many blessing to the two of you.
It was a day to remember...
Bridget & Joe – I’m so honored to be standing here tonight to help you celebrate your nuptials. I promise to make this short & sweet, so we can PARTY…
Bridget-
You are not only my little baby sister, but my best friend. I can honestly say that you are the sunshine in my life and make each day brighter. I’m so proud of the person you have become & admire your zest for life, passion for people and can-do attitude. You have the gift to make people laugh with your crazy worm dance and my husband and two little monkey’s adore you! What more could a sister ask for…
The memories we have together are priceless. We spent our Sunday’s as fun-days, waking up to Captain Breakfast, teasing mom about her jubaz, Daddy getting sick on body wars, catching fire flies, being roomies after college, becoming Demi & Fraiser, many conversations about your first home search --- and of course, I’ll never forget “THE CALL.”
You See – Bridget called me after her first date with Joe, she said when he came to pick her up, he brought her a bouquet of flowers. Her voice was nervous and excited all at the same time, she said to me “who even does that anymore,” I could only giggle to myself because my thought was, the type of man you marry some day. BUT my job as the older and well… wiser sister was to remain calm, but on the inside – I had a really good feeling about this guy, named Joe.
What’s not to love about him? He is a sensitive, honest, charming, a family man who loves hot dogs, leinenkugels & LOTS of sports… Many of you that know him… Know he is a SPORTS NUT. The thing that sticks out the most to this mother of two- is his gift with children. Not only does he spend his free time coaching kids, but has an amazing influence on them…
Here are some great examples: After spending just a couple of days with our boys at Christmas time, he had taught them how to give nuggies – and now every time they see Joe, it’s nuggie time. He had also brain washed my little Levi to think like a true Wisconsinite… There’s nothing better than being in public with a 2 year old when he see’s someone in a yellow & green jersey – Mom, it’s the Packers. Oh, it’s even better when he see’s the #4 – Mom, It’s Bret Favre…
In all seriousness, I’m thrilled that my sons have such a fun & crazy auntie & uncle to hang out with… and Joe -- I’m proud to call you my brother in-law.
Please raise your glasses for a toast to the Bride and groom!
May you have love that never ends, wealth and lots of friends. Health be yours, in whatever you do and may God send many blessing to the two of you.
posted by IrishMommy at 4:23 PM

4 Comments:
Congratulations!! Sending my warmest wishes for MANY YEARS of happiness together.
Auntie Carole
Great pictures and I loved your toast. Did you get through it without tears?
Andrea,
I choked up a little during the 1st part, but had a very hard time holding back the tears during Bridget's speech. It was wonderful... She talked about a lot of childhood memories and about our Mom and Dad...
Congratulations!!!
So Joe's a Cheese-Head! Not bad...
Hey Shawn, your 3 men sure clean up nice. And very handsome,too! [I LOVE! how Mitchell's flexing his chest :) ]
Bev
Post a Comment
<< Home